Unilab Ideas Positive
(02) 858-1000 loc 7513
TEAM BIGGKAS OF UA&P WINS FIRST UNILAB IDEAS POSITIVE TILT
Social marketing plan for positive change gains recognition
Ideas Positive: The Unilab Youth Camp for Change was culminated on September 25, 2010, at the Unilab Bayanihan Center in Mandaluyong with a competition among student organizations that accepted the challenge to help improve the health conditions of a chosen community through a sustainable social marketing plan. Team BIGGKAS from University of Asia and the Pacific bagged the grand prize with their entry “Buklod Bukid: Sowing Nutrition, Reaping Hope.”
- Ideas Positive: The Unilab Youth Camp for Change is an idea generation camp and competition-in-one for college students that aims to inspire fresh, developmental, and research-based social marketing initiatives that promote or advance health and wellness at the community level.
- The three-day camp and competition is organized by United Laboratories, Inc. (Unilab) in collaboration with Ogilvy Public Relations Worldwide-Manila.
- The search for positive ideas started as early as August, and 21 teams comprised of college students from Metro Manila and nearby provinces heeded to the challenge and pitched their thoughts on how to improve the living conditions of their chosen communities.
- Five finalist teams were selected to present and defend their social marketing plans after a screening based on content and feasibility (70%) and online votes (30%): The PET Society, SERVE, UB & G, Team BIGGKAS, and CLPH.
- On September 25, 2010, the five teams defended their plans before a distinguished board of judges: Dr Oscar Tinio (Philippine Medical Association), Dr Nina Gloriani (UP Manila), Dr Ed Morato, Jr (ABS-CBN Bayan Foundation), Mr Mark Ruiz (Hapinoy), Mr Randy Aquino (Ogilvy & Mather), and Mr Bert Manlapit (Unilab).
- Team BIGGKAS of University of Asia and the Pacific was declared Ideas Positive’s first grand prize winner with their comprehensive social marketing plan entitled “Buklod Bukid: Sowing Nutrition, Reaping Hope.”
- Team UB & G of UP Diliman and MAD of University of Sto Tomas placed runners up with their entries “May Papel Ako” and “Mamamayan Ayaw sa Dengue,” respectively.
- The presentations of social marketing plans were judged based on understanding of community need (20%), innovativeness of idea (40%), sustainability (20%), and style and delivery (20%).
- Unilab awarded the winning teams the seed money for the projects – Php 100,000 for the grand prize winner and Php 50,000 for the runners up. Team BIGGKAS also got a three-day trip to Boracay and a chance to be advised by Dr Ed Morato, Jr of ABS-CBN Bayan Foundation.
Quote attributable to Mr Bert Manlapit, Unilab Corporate Affairs Director
- “We are pleased with the quality and variety of ideas from the students – an affirmation that our youth today can be counted on in making a meaningful difference in their communities.”
Quotes attributable to attendees of Ideas Positive
- “Ideas Positive is the first-ever project that helps us youth to take part in changing our community for the better. It helps us open and enrich our minds to see the real world and seek a helping hand on how are we to respond to those who seeks help.” – Karen Faith Ornedo
- “The Ideas Positive is unique because of the big opportunities they have given to the students who want change for the society.” – Mark Ivan Liveta
Quote attributable to Team BIGGKAS, grand prize winner of Ideas Positive competition
- “Team BIGGKAS and Biggkas Civics Desk of University of Asia and the Pacific express our warmest thanks to Unilab Ideas Positive for giving us this opportunity to be agents of positive change, for the valuable insights imparted by most respected speakers during the camp, and for believing in our project and what is behind it — Sowing Nutrition, Reaping Hope. We will take good care of this privilege and responsibility you have given us. More Unilab Ideas Positive to come!”
Photos for Ideas Positive Competition
All photos from Unilab Ideas Positive Facebook page.
Links to relevant content
- Ideas Positive website
- Facebook page of Unilab Ideas Positive
- Philippine Daily Inquirer article for Ideas Positive competition
- Unilab website
Ideas Positive: The Unilab Youth Camp for Change is an idea generation and competition-in-one on social marketing initiatives that promote health and wellness in communities. Visit http://ideaspositive.com/ for more information.
Unilab is the country’s largest and leading pharmaceutical and healthcare company with over 300 over-the-counter, prescription, and personal care brands. To know more about Unilab, check out http://unilab.com.ph/